Thursday, April 12, 2007

Home Affairs to the rescue

A reader responds to my post on the state's recognition of a change in one's sex/gender.

There seems to be another way to change your gender - even if you don't intend to: just apply to Home Affairs for a passport. Quote from yesterday's Cape Times: "Sindie Bosch has been waiting a year for a passport, putting up patiently with delay after delay - and it all got a bit much when she was recently handed the document - in the name of a Mr. Chauke. When she returned to Home Affairs, the assistant at the desk at the Centurion office here asked: "But isn't that you on the photo?""

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That method also seems to work a treat if you merely want a 'race' change. And it's all totally non-surgical!